Human Resource Management
Information and Resources
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (MN DEED) is Minnesota's principal economic development agency, with programs promoting business recruitment, expansion and retention; workforce development; international trade; and community development. The agency’s mission is to support the economic success of individuals, businesses, and communities by improving opportunities for growth.
- MN DEED's Minnesota Salary Survey, a product of the Occupational Employment Statistics (OES) program, provides estimates of wages and employment by occupation. Data are updated quarterly and regional detail is available. For occupational details, use O*NET OnLine.
- MN DEED has a variety of helpful publications to help organizations, professionals, students, and individuals understand and address human resource issues, including the following: (check their website's publication's section for updates and hardcopy or CD version availability)
- The Minnesota Small Business Assistance Office (MN SBAO), a part of MN DEED, serves as a point of first and continuing contact for individuals and firms with questions about the start-up, operation or expansion of a business in Minnesota. The Office seeks to remedy what economists call the "problem of information cost." That is, it is often very expensive -- in terms of money, time, expertise, lost opportunity -- for a business person to obtain information necessary or useful to business operations. The State of Minnesota seeks to reduce those costs by having the Small Business Assistance Office provide business related publications and technical assistance free-of-charge.
- MN SBAO has a variety of helpful publications to help organizations, professionals, students, and individuals understand and address human resource issues, including the following: (check their website's publication's section for updates and hardcopy or CD version availability)
- The Free Management Library provides easy-to-access, clutter-free, comprehensive resources regarding the leadership and management of yourself, other individuals, groups and organizations. Content is relevant to the vast majority of people, whether they are in large or small for-profit or nonprofit organizations. Over the past 10 years, the Library has grown to be one of the world's largest well-organized collections of these types of resources.
- O*NET OnLine system was developed for the U.S. Department of Labor to serve as the nation's primary source of occupational information, providing comprehensive information on key attributes and characteristics of workers and occupations.
[BACK TO TOP]
Page Updated: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 02:26:02 GMT ♦
Page Generated: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 02:08:37 GMT
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding the content or layout of this page, please e-mail
©2004-2017 PRECISA, Inc.. All Rights Reserved.
701 Main Street Southeast, #517 • Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414-2958 ♦
E-mail: email@example.com ♦
Web: http://www.precisainc.com/ ♦ 612.378.7028
Best Viewed with